- woke up and went to the Farmer’s Market with my dad (hooray fresh fruits & vegetables)
- went to a bead show with my mom (nerds uniting with other nerds=amazing); got some fantastic things!!!
- took the dogs to the groomer’s and they look adorable
- cleaned my entire house including mopping/Swiffering and lots of laundry; I even used a screwdiver to put something together.
- rewarded myself with *one* day off from the gym, pizza & beer, and Netflix/YouTubing lots of beading projects
- woke up and went directly to the craft store with my list per Saturday night research
- hyperventilated & was overwhelmed by the amazingness that is the craft store – it made me want to be the most creative person ever; had to cut the trip short…
- went to the local community day with my mom; lots of walking in gorgeous weather; peoplewatching from a perfectly placed bench; a gourmet cupcake eaten while strolling; and watching a local dance team perform. I also found a vendor making pretty kitchen gadgets – I snagged a decorative coffee scoop that has a bag clip attached to the back of it! Two problems I face in my everyday life resolved via a pretty gadget. But the 2 highlights: I spotted a local martial arts place with their vendor tent displaying pink boxing gloves. Clearly I’m intrigued and it was like a romantic movie – at the same time that I was already walking over to find out more, one of the employees reached out and handed me a card for 2 free kickboxing classes and had me enter to win said gloves. I mentioned that I used to kickbox, have been trying to get back into it, and that I actually have pink gloves. She said “awesome, you’re already ready,” asked when the best nights of the week are for me, and told me someone will contact me. I. AM. PUMPED. I’ve been in a fitness slump/plateau lately and this is perfect timing. I used to go to the class at my gym, but this is much more convenient so I don’t have to rush from work. And I think it’ll be more hardcore. Second awesome thing: stumbling upon an Alex and Ani store. I have been on a stacking/arm candy HIGH for about a year now, and this store is the mecca of stacking. I was already pretty excited over all of the new bracelets I’d be making with yesterday’s haul, but then…this just topped it off. I can’t even describe it, but you should check out their website and prepare to want one of each. My mom was just as excited and said we’ll be going back. Here’s what I got:
- I managed to tear myself away from the sparkly things, went back to the craft store, and did some damage. All of the beading stuff was 40% off and I had coupons for 40% off the two regular priced items. It was like they knew I was coming to buy everything. And just as I was stressing out over all of the ugly organizers/carriers, this baby jumped off of the shelf. It’s pink, portable, and has perfect compartments for my needs? SOLD.
- left the craft store (skipping) and did some serious cardio at the gym to repent for the weekend’s indulgences…
- came home and instead of opening up my work laptop, I organized my accessories:
- took a nap after all of this and just woke up. Why? Because I am DREADING going to work tomorrow, it’s making me beyond sad, soo I’m staying up doing things that make me happy for as long as possible to postpone reality for just a little longer. Fingers crossed because I can’t handle another day in that place and sent out some great job apps…
Also, Saturday night I got into a web design book because I’ve been wanting to redo my site. But ever since I started this blog like 7 months ago, I’ve been disgusted and frustrated with all of the free templates. So instead of paying someone $150 for their creation, I’m going to try on my own. Just add that to my list of hobbies:
-fitness/kickboxing/every activity I can
(where do I get all of this energy and enthusiasm from??)
Clearly, I’ve been doing a superb job at distracting myself from my love life / work woes. I just have to keep throwing my energy into the things I love and I won’t have time to dwell on those crappy things. Am I a complete geek? Yep. Not even sorry. These are the things that make me happy and if getting excited over them keeps me from crying every day, or gives me something to look forward to when it seems like things can’t get worse, well then that’s awesome 🙂 I’m patting myself on the back for making my own happy, and having a productive/joy-filled weekend of upgrades and little things.
P.S. – I spend a lot of time with my parents and I love it.